Visa & Insurance International Teaching

Printer-friendly version



All incoming staff from non-EU countries need to apply for a visa, prior to their arrival in Greece.

  • For your visa, you will need a Letter of Acceptance from our Department which you will get both by e-mail and by post.
  • You should contact the nearest authorized Greek Consulate and receive information regarding all the necessary documents, as well as the formal application procedure (Greek Missions around the world can be found at:
  • You need to go in person to the Greek Consulate in your home country and hand in the required documents, as well as the Letter of Acceptance.

Attention: It is advised to start the visa application process as soon as possible, since the procedures can require a considerable amount of time.

You can find more information regarding the national visas at the site of the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs.



Once accepted for Erasmus+ International mobility at AUTh, you need to ensure the following:

  • You need to have health care insurance (basic health insurance coverage is provided normally by the national health insurance of the participant during his/her stay in another country. However, the coverage of the basic health Insurance or private insurance may not be sufficient, especially in case of repatriation and specific medical intervention. In that case, a complementary private insurance might be useful). Your insurance should be issued from your Home Country and should be valid during your stay in Greece, issued or translated in English.