The Romanian Students' Surgical Society (SSCR), Cluj-Napoca Branch, in collaboration with the “Iuliu Hațieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca and the Center for Experimental Medicine and Practical Aptitudes, invites you between the 23rd and the 30th of July 2017, in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, to spend 6 unforgettable days learning about experimental microsurgery, making new friends and discovering a city with almost 2000 years of history!
Skip endless, tedious, theoretical classes; come and see the world from a different perspective: through the surgical microscope. This is the best chance for medical students to develop skills that are both useful and mandatory for a future resident/surgeon whose practice includes microsurgery or for someone who flirts with research that includes experimental surgery. This summer project offers a relaxed, yet professional working atmosphere, that will allow students to fulfill their educational goals but also to get to know other colleagues from international medical centers, to work as a team, to build long-lasting friendships, that will eventually lead to greater affiliation between universities and why not, to setting the foundation for future national and international projects.
• hands on- microsurgical experience
• research steps - Why? When? How?
• more than 20 hours of working under surgical microscope
• best chance for students to try microsurgery
• Anatomy bases of animals used in experimental research;
• Anesthetic techniques;
• Drug administration methods;
• Biological sample collection;
• Preservation and monitoring of experimental animals;
• Ethics, Statistics and Research;
• Microsurgery basics:
o surgical microscope;
o special microsurgery instruments;
o microsurgical knots;
o microsurgical sutures.
• Vascular and nerve anastomosis on biological material.
Not to mention, all of the activities will take place in a professional and friendly environment!
Have we caught your attention?
Check our website to find out more but don`t forget that submissions end on the 12th of May 2017.
Submissions website: www.sscr.ro/en/isem-ed3
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/isem.cluj
*The prerequisite needed in order to attend this workshop must be one of the following:
1. The applicant has completed a Basic Surgical Skills workshop, in preference the ones organized by the Romanian Students' Surgical Society (this includes The Surgery Summer Camp or The International Surgery Summer School);
2. The applicant has completed the General Surgery Module at his home Faculty;
3. The applicant has completed a month of clinical practice (during summer practice, for example) in a Surgical Department;
4. The applicant has participated at a previous edition of the International School of Advanced Surgical Skills workshop.
The participant must have proof of one of the above mentioned criteria; as it is an advanced surgical skills workshop, basic knowledge regarding surgery is mandatory.
Here you can find more details about us that might get your attention!
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dindelegan Maximilian: 0040 752 184 482
Orădan Alex: 0040 754 474 212
Schlanger Diana: 0040 743 300 045